Fortnite‘s The Block
The big Fortnite announcement and concurrent launch at The Game Awards was “The Block”. This area will be a hub dedicated to the player-created content from within the games new creative mode (launched with season 7).
“The Block is a new space where we feature the best and coolest content created by you, and bring it into the battle royale map for everyone to see.” – Donald Mustard of Epic Games
“The Block” is a 25×25 tile empty space. Players can build structures, decorations, whatever and share it on social media with the hashtag #FortniteBlockParty. If Epic deems it worthy, your creation will be placed on the Block for all to enjoy and you’ll be credited with a “shoutout” in-game and on the official Fortnite social channels. Some things to keep in mind though, Epic has the following guidelines:
- 25×25 tile area on a flat section of your island. It’s very important that your creations can fit nicely on The Block.
- Originality matters. Create something new, don’t copy other people’s ideas.
- Try to keep your ‘Memory Used’ less than 50,000. Efficiency is just as important as creativity!
- There’s no height requirement, but please try to scale your creations to be a similar to other POIs in the Battle Royale map.
- You can use any component available.
- Chests, floor loot, and vehicle spawns will be determined by Epic. No need to include these.
Wondering where to find “The Block”, well… the giant concrete slab pretty much squashed Risky Reels, so start your search where that area used to be.